Indo Swiss Training Centre (ISTC) was established in the year 1963 in collaboration with the Swiss Foundation for Technical Assistance, Switzerland . ISTC was formally inaugurated on 18 the December 1963 by the first Prime Minister, Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru. Established under the patronage of Swiss Foundation it is being run under the aegis of Central Scientific Instruments Organization (CSIO), Chandigarh , a constituent laboratory of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), New Delhi .
ISTC today is a training centre of repute in the field of Technical Training. The Indian industry had been impressed with the performance of ISTC and even today after 44 years of its inception, the centre has maintained an excellent quality of training. The basic aim of this training is skills. All the trainees work on machines individually and are trained to execute industrial jobs and face real life work environment. Stress is laid on the development of attitude such as punctuality, cleanliness, housekeeping, obedience, prior in labour, commitment etc. There exists a perfect spirit of teamwork among trainees and staff. Behaviour and discipline of trainee are closely monitored and recorded. A rigid system of performance evaluation has been devised to maintain the quality of training.
The training Centre started with the Three Year course “DILPOMA IN INSTRUMENT TECHNOLOGY”. With the passage of time, new courses have been added to keep pace with the changing industrial requirement. In 1973 “POST DILPOMA COURSE IN INDUSTRIAL ELECTRONICS” was added. In 1977, another course “ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN DIE & MOULD MAKING” was started. Both the courses were established with the help of Swiss Foundation. From 1996 onwards the courses were established with the help of "ELECTRONICS” has been upgraded to “ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN MECHATRONCIS & INDUSTRIAL AUTOMATION”
- Staff trained under supervision of Swiss Experts in India coupled with foreign deputations has high appreciation for high precision & quality
- Integrated theoretical & practical training by same set of staff
- Very close monitoring / supervision of each trainee individually and guidance at every step by staff
- Full time training similar to a Shift in industry prepares trainees for a real- life work environment.
Indo-Swiss Training Centre, an institution that pioneered a specific style of skill based training programme to provide the state-of-art technical education up to Diploma level, aims at producing professional endowed with technical competence and leadership qualities.
Indo Swiss training centre has been awarded ISO 9002 certification by SQTC during 2001 .
The organization has set following objectives to achieve its aim:
- To infuse thorough knowledge and impart industry oriented practical training to make the trainees a breed apart.
- To inculcate the sense of discipline and responsibility coupled with logical thinking, so that they are an asset for their employers.
- To instill a high level of self confidence to make them successful in all walks of life including entrepreneurship.
- To emphasize their all round development by ensuring participation in cultural activities, group discussions, social get-together's, sports, adventure activities, NCC camps, Trekking and Blood Donation.
- To imbibe qualities that makes them better citizens.
- To create professional competence.